Weird, Whacky and Wonderful Stuff
Did you know you can “taste” garlic with your feet? Or that chocolate can instantly dissolve that wad of gum in your mouth? Or that nose grease can get rid of the foam on a badly poured beer in seconds?
A scientific experiment has tackled an eternal question nagging city dwellers and busy parents: Cook, or order takeout? Taste tests showed that when it comes to healthy food, people like their own preparation better than the same recipe ready-made.
In the latest bit of confectionery shrinkflation, Mondelez International's decision to reduce and change the distinctive triangular chocolate chunks in two Toblerone bars sold in the UK has seen a mountain of fury and ridicule, and even more puns.
More Articles ...
- Sushi fan? Chances are you've never eaten wasabi!
- 'Hangover-free alcohol’ could replace all regular alcohol by 2050, says UK's Prof David Nutt
- Got garlic breath? Here are the best deodorising foods
- The wonderful chemistry that stops food rotting
- Cherries? Icing sugar? UK retailers race to predict Bake Off’s latest hit ingredient
- How to make fish less fishy
- Bad sausage and the discovery of botulism
- Heaven-sent marketing scoop for Mondelez