Coca-Cola is a lot more useful than the world's most popular refreshing drink: the carbonated candy can be used for a lot more than just drinking. Here are 12 things you didn’t know you could do with Coke.
Weird, Whacky and Wonderful Stuff
A new miniature cooker from Israel called the Genie is set to spark a revolution in meal preparation – it's able to turn pods of freeze-dried ingredients into full meals in as little as half a minute.
It is time for the refrigerator to pull its weight. For decades it has kept food chilled and spat out ice cubes. Now, it is a computer, stereo, telephone, television, water filter and sparkling water dispenser. It's also about to make a cup of coffee.
It is hard not to be fascinated by the food choices of political monsters, an area of learning where we can match our enthusiasms and dislikes, against people whom we otherwise take to be not-quite-human. Their culinary foibles are now revealed in Dictators' Dinners: A Bad Taste Guide to Entertaining Tyrants, a part-history, part cookbook digest (pun intended) of the favourite dishes and top snacks of 20th-century autocrats.
The British owner of a French wine company has created a viral hit on YouTube with his sassy video on how to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew. Nearly 8.5 million people have watched it to date - and no wonder, as it sure offers great advice!
More Articles ...
- Comfort food in space: the final frontier
- An infinitely easier way to peel butternut squash
- New age 'Tupperware': the 'perfect food storage' option?
- Can artisanal ice make your drink that much better?
- Anchovies top the foods we love to hate
- Tour de France: also a test of epic eating
- This is how you cool down a drink in two minutes flat
- How a rocket scientist has reinvented the saucepan