Normally, it would be unthinkable to consume meat that’s over a few days old, but thanks to French butcher Alexandre Polmard it is actually possible to enjoy ‘vintage’ meats from cows that were butchered decades ago!
Weird, Whacky and Wonderful Stuff
It is usually frowned upon for a restaurant to welcome the company of cockroaches, let alone a family of large Madagascan ones. But one kitchen in rural Pembrokeshire has won a social entrepreneur award for doing just that, before it even opened.
There’s one food that has almost nothing going for it. It occupies precious crop acreage, requires fossil fuels to be shipped, refrigerated, around the world, and adds nothing but crunch to the plate. It’s salad, and there are several reasons why we need to rethink it....
Has anyone in the history of civilisation popped open a tube of Pringles and eaten just one? For the humble snack — a crispy concoction of chemical flavourings, salt and starch — must surely rank as one of the most addictive foods in existence.
More Articles ...
- The science of ‘hangry’, or why some people get grumpy when they’re hungry
- Friskies launches world's first edible strings for cats
- 12 things you can do with Coca-Cola besides drink it
- Genie instant cooker turns pods into meals in 30 seconds
- How cutlery could transform gastronomy
- Why men wolf their meals down
- Fridges are becoming cooler and cooler
- Designer of Japan's famous soy sauce bottle dies