Who says breakfast is the most important meal of the day? And why does spinach make you strong? Why should you drink 8 glasses of water a day? It sounds like conventional wisdom, but most of it was cooked up by ad men.
Weird, Whacky and Wonderful Stuff
“I’m vegetarian.” “I’m vegan.” These statements typically will be met with a range of reactions, varying from bafflement to praise. But what makes people adopt a vegetarian or vegan diet? How are vegetarians and vegans viewed by the rest of society? And why don’t more people become vegetarian?
Normally, it would be unthinkable to consume meat that’s over a few days old, but thanks to French butcher Alexandre Polmard it is actually possible to enjoy ‘vintage’ meats from cows that were butchered decades ago!
More Articles ...
- Is double-dipping a food safety problem or just a nasty habit?
- Reinventing the kitchen knife
- Paying a visit to Britain's first insect-only restaurant
- Save the planet, skip the salad!
- What makes Pringles so infuriatingly addictive?
- The holy grill: A guilt-free superfood that tastes like bacon
- The science of ‘hangry’, or why some people get grumpy when they’re hungry
- Friskies launches world's first edible strings for cats