The internet is a deep, dark, judgemental place. Here's a take from a Reddit [a popular social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website] thread on non-Americans addressing this question: What food do you find most disgusting? Here are five foods that foreigners just don't understand.
Weird, Whacky and Wonderful Stuff
Americans of a certain social class love nothing more than an “authentic” food experience. And who could be against wanting a more authentic, genuine food experience? So glad you asked. In fact, authenticity is an illusion, and a highly overrated one. [A must-read essay. Ed]
The internet's abuzz with McDonald's [in the US] latest announcement. It's not all-day breakfast (that's already a thing). And no, they're not making the McRib a menu staple. It's tech-y. It's design-y. It's a new ... straw?
More Articles ...
- Here's why some people get upset when they hear eating noises
- What's behind the durian fruit's notorious stench?
- Creating new foods for Mars space missions
- Tasting garlic…with your feet!? Weird food chemistry tricks
- Why does YOUR food taste better?
- Here’s why people love tomato juice on aeroplanes
- What are the benefits of pink Himalayan salt?
- Biscuit for breakfast – trench warfare was hard on soldiers’ teeth