Candy and pet food conglomerate Mars is buying veterinary hospital operator VCA for $7.7-billion in a deal that will give the maker of Pedigree pet food an even bigger share of the $4-billion global pet healthcare market.
PepsiCo recently revealed a new global corporate agenda that emphasises health and social accountability. PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi and chief scientist Mehmood Khan (pictured) are committed to working toward progress in health and sustainability.
At a time when even the most routine of ingredients is required to have a “clean” aura, giant starch ingredients group, Ingredion, has agreed to acquire texture company TIC Gums, which supplies advanced clean-label texture systems gums to the food and beverage industry, for $400-million.
More Articles ...
- Nestlé chairman's vision for a new kind of diet
- How the same cereals differ around the world in sugar-salt content
- UK: Unilever on mission to woo flexitarian consumers
- Health-focused Nestlé will always be home to KitKat: chairman
- The global avocado craze
- US meat leader invests in a plant protein-based company
- US FDA's mission impossible: In search of consensus on 'natural' and 'healthy' labels
- Massive agribusiness deal: Bayer clinches Monsanto for $66-billion