Red and processed meats have the potential to cause cancer in humans, according to a report by a WHO agency released on Monday. This is not new news, but that it has come from the WHO has generated massive media attention, with predictable reactions of "glee, panic and yawns".
Commercial dry foods are the ultimate “convenience food” for pets, but they are far from an ideal diet and are serving to make them fat, argues , Veterinary Internist (Specialist) at University of Sydney. Are our pets becoming captive to an industry that is harming them?
Global chocolate biscuit brand, KitKat, manufactured by Nestlé, has announced that it will use only sustainably sourced cocoa to manufacture all of its products, and will do so from the first quarter of 2016. It is the first global brand to make such a move.
The falling cost of milk has created a furore in Britain, as dairy farmers there and in Western Europe have been hit by something of a perfect storm. Anyone with a heart should have sympathy for people whose livelihoods are being threatened by forces beyond their control. But why the obsession with Britain’s dairy farmers – and what, if anything, should we do about it? Rob Lyons on spikedonline.com argues that dairy farming is a hardnosed business, not a rural idyll.
Food companies need to embrace the shift in consumer consumption and shopping trends, says Stan McCarthy, CEO of Kerry Group. That means incorporating preferences from a demographic perspective, understanding the way pace of life affects food decision making and paying more attention to what's actually in food.
More Articles ...
- Wave of Silicon Valley-style disruption is hitting the food industry
- Four top food tech innovation winners from IFT Congress 2015
- Remarkable anti-poverty pioneer wins 2015 World Food Prize
- BIG! How American food and people have expanded
- Ferrero increasing empire, acquires UK chocolate maker Thorntons
- Hershey's to reformulate its classic chocolate bar
- 'Maggi-gate': why India must face up to a bigger problem than instant noodles
- India's 'Maggi-gate': Is this the largest ever food recall?