Concerned about the integrity of America's nutrition advice, the US Congress has called for a comprehensive review of the way the influential Dietary Guidelines for Americans is compiled. The latest iteration of the guidelines are due to be published finally in January 2016.
Fi Europe 2015 was held in Paris last week, the biennial gathering of the global food ingredients industry. The show brought visitors from over 119 countries and over 1 400 exhibitors - and has been described as a huge success despite some big names pulling out at the last minute due to security concerns in the French capital. Here is news of FiE 2015's Innovation Awards....
In a bid to answer many consumer issues around transparency, the US' Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) has unveiled SmartLabel, a new QR code initiative that can give consumers detailed information about the grocery store products they buy,
In the wake of the recent terrorist attacks in Paris and increased security in the Paris area due to the COP21 UN Climate Change Summit there this week, over 30 food ingredients manufacturers have decided to pull out of Food Ingredients Europe, the world’s largest ingredients show, which starts in Paris tomorrow (December 1).
More Articles ...
- US: Campbell rethinks its recipe as consumer tastes change
- OP-ED: Keep bacon, abolish the World Health Organisation
- Oprah takes her famous effect to Weight Watchers
- Kerry goes on US acquisition spree
- From Chinese milk to Indian chocolate, behind the world’s fast-expanding markets
- Glee, panic and yawns: WHO report on processed meat and cancer
- Convenience food driving our pet's obesity
- Nestlé announces global commitment to sustainable cocoa for KitKat