US industry consolidation has struck again with that it had agreed to acquire WhiteWave Foods, purveyor of plant-based products, premium and organic dairy, and fresh packaged produce. The deal's value stands at $56.25 per share in cash, equal to about $12.5-billion.
More Articles ...
- US: FDA issues guidelines for salt reduction
- US: FDA modernises nutrition facts label
- Evaporated cane juice? Puh-leeze. Just call it sugar, FDA says
- Nestlé’s half-billion-dollar noodle debacle in India
- Nestlé and R&R to create Froneri, an ice cream and frozen food joint venture
- Mars' brave new health policy
- US: More major food brands take up GMO labelling
- US: Investors betting heavily on early-stage food companies