The UK government's long-awaited childhood obesity plan has been attacked by health experts, campaigners, MPs and retailers, while Jamie Oliver has called it “underwhelming” because “so much is missing”.
In 2013, student Na Wang began shipping fish oil capsules to China from Sydney to help pay the rent. Now, she's in business, part of a growing army of Chinese shopping agents sending Australian food and diet pills home to feed rampant demand.
US industry consolidation has struck again with that it had agreed to acquire WhiteWave Foods, purveyor of plant-based products, premium and organic dairy, and fresh packaged produce. The deal's value stands at $56.25 per share in cash, equal to about $12.5-billion.
More Articles ...
- Nuts to that! Hershey rejects kiss from Mondelez
- The humble orange sweet potato wins researchers the World Food Prize
- Nestlé outsider appointed as new CEO of world's largest food company
- US: FDA issues guidelines for salt reduction
- US: FDA modernises nutrition facts label
- Evaporated cane juice? Puh-leeze. Just call it sugar, FDA says
- Nestlé’s half-billion-dollar noodle debacle in India
- Nestlé and R&R to create Froneri, an ice cream and frozen food joint venture