From packing fruit, fish and meat to disposable coffee cups, and a myriad of other applications, each year the US alone produces some two billion pounds of styrofoam — none of which can be recycled. An American youngster has come up with an award-winning possible solution. Watch his TED talk here....
Sustainability and Disruption
Phosphorus is vital for all life. Scientists are warning that we are approaching
You may have heard about the latest sign of modern-day bourgeois decadence: the brief and ill-fated commercial existence of at a Whole Foods store in the US. The Twitterverse exploded in anger and sarcasm...
More Articles ...
- Eliminating water-borne bacteria with pages from The Drinkable Book
- Breathing new life into leftovers: how one factory achieved zero waste
- OP-ED: Only China can save the seas
- High-tech farming poised to change the way the world eats
- Humble spud poised to launch a world food revolution
- Turbocharging photosynthesis to feed the world
- Food urbanism: eschewing soil for sustainable hydroponic solution
- High-tech farming: The light fantastic