Sustainability and Disruption
Disruptive food technology is all about piling consumers' plates with safer, cheaper, fresher, more nutritious and environmentally-friendly edibles. Israel is up there with Silicon Valley in developing some fascinating technologies....
From packing fruit, fish and meat to disposable coffee cups, and a myriad of other applications, each year the US alone produces some two billion pounds of styrofoam — none of which can be recycled. An American youngster has come up with an award-winning possible solution. Watch his TED talk here....
Phosphorus is vital for all life. Scientists are warning that we are approaching
More Articles ...
- #Orangegate: Plastic-encased oranges spark ethics debate
- Yarn from slaughterhouse waste
- Eliminating water-borne bacteria with pages from The Drinkable Book
- Breathing new life into leftovers: how one factory achieved zero waste
- OP-ED: Only China can save the seas
- High-tech farming poised to change the way the world eats
- Humble spud poised to launch a world food revolution
- Turbocharging photosynthesis to feed the world