A state-of-the-art high-pressure processing/pasteurisation ‘tollgate’ has opened in Midrand. What’s all the excitement about? HPP technology, long and slow to take off, has become a game-changer for the food and beverage industry and is gaining rapid momentum worldwide.
Latest SA News
Good nutrition is one of the three major pillars that underpins Discovery's Vitality philosophy. Together with its HealthyFood partners, Pick ‘n Pay and Woolworths, it has tallied the top five most popular HealthyFood items bought by members of its popular Vitality loyalty program.
Pioneer Foods is the first confirmed corporate casualty of South Africa's credit-ratings downgrade. The food giant has announced the collapse of a deal that would have created Africa's largest consumer goods company.
Lisa Ronquest is one of South Africa's top young food scientists, now transferred to the Netherlands in a global food R&D role for Mars. She's been sharing her European impressions, insights and travels with FOODStuff SA readers in a regular blog, and we're proud here to publish her 13th episode. This time, Lisa explores Polish cuisine....
Sally Williams, arguably South Africa's best-known handcrafted nougat brand, continues on an ambitious growth track - and has just launched its first ice-cream store, which it plans to extend over the next few years.
More Articles ...
- McCain adapts to drought with changing business model, water strategy
- Major lift-off for Western Cape pet food business
- Cape Town's Vital Health Foods evolves into healthy snacking
- Is Ramsay enough to pull Checkers some high-end shoppers?
- Stellenbosh University researchers develop easy method to detect SA honey fraud
- Fighting back for bread
- The first PAUL bakery opens in South Africa
- Checkers takes aim at Woolies’ convenience food market