When Lawrence MacDougall picked up the apparently poisoned chalice of Tiger Brands CEO from Peter Matlare in May, he explicitly took on the challenge of putting SA’s largest food manufacturer back on a growth path.
Latest SA News
Well known Cape Town academic and media commentator, Jacques Rousseau, who lectures on critical thinking and ethics in the UCT Commerce Faculty's School of Management Studies, was invited to speak at the prestigious IFT 2016 congress in Chicago last month, and drew wide acclaim for his session, “Science Versus Sensationalism and Soundbites: How Can Consumers Make More Informed Choices?”
Lisa Ronquest is one of South Africa's top young food scientists, now transferred to The Netherlands in a global food R&D role by Mars. She's been sharing her impressions and insights with FOODStuff SA readers in a regular blog, and we're proud here to publish the tenth episode on her big move. This time, Lisa explores potatoes and Guinness, what else, in Dublin!
Pioneer Foods, SA's third-biggest food company, is making its mark in the UK... As Britain's biggest cereal maker, it officially opened a new Bokomo UK facility in Orton Southgate, in Peterborough, England, last month.
In another step to increasing vertical integration of its supply chain, Famous Brands has bought a bankrupt tomato paste factory in Port Elizabeth's Coega precinct at a significantly discounted purchase price.
More Articles ...
- D-Day for South Africa's salt regulations
- Danone vs Clover on SA's dairy shelves
- The dairy distruptor: Clover's entrepreneurial Johann Vorster
- What went down at the Global Consumer Goods Forum Summit, Cape Town, June 2016
- Bounty Brands builds scale for listings
- Remgro invests in Cape chocolatier
- SA hosts some of world's most influential FMCG CEOs
- Is Pick n Pay on path to regaining its former glory?