In a timeous and topical development, Paarl-based Afriplex, well established beneficiator of indigenous plants, has announced it is embarking on a project to locally cultivate and process stevia (Stevia rebaudiana), viewed by many as a Holy Grail of non-nutritive sweeteners.
Latest SA News
Apart from jumping the gun on a “guilty” verdict, the Health Professions Council of SA (HPCSA) has another big problem in its prosecution of scientist : all the evidence showing that low-fat diets increase the risk of heart disease.
Lisa Ronquest is one of South Africa's top young food scientists, now transferred to the Netherlands in a global food R&D role by Mars. She's been sharing her European impressions, insights and travels with FOODStuff SA readers in a regular blog, and we're proud here to publish her 12th episode. This time, Lisa explores rivers and Riesling....
Since Taste Holdings CE, Carlo Gonzaga, opened his first Scooters pizza store 16 years ago he has always thought big. But there is market concern that in taking on Domino’s Pizza and Starbucks, two global heavyweight brands, in one shot he has bitten off more than he can chew.
More Articles ...
- DENNY Mushroom moves into the burger space
- Famous Brands enters commercial catering arena
- Rhodes Food Group to acquire Pakco
- Famous Brands' savvy move into the ready meal market
- The best-selling chocolates in South Africa
- Uber expands food delivery business into South Africa
- New range of value Royco Pasta Base sauces
- Parmalat kills Simonsberg brand: now becoming Président