When the Kafka-esque trial of world-renowned South African scientist Prof Tim Noakes resumes in Cape Town in October 2016, there will be two heavyweight international expert witnesses sitting next to him.
Latest SA News
Lisa Ronquest is one of South Africa's top young food scientists, now transferred to The Netherlands in a global food R&D role by Mars. She's been sharing her impressions and insights with FOODStuff SA readers in a regular blog, and we're proud here to publish the 11th episode on her big move.
This time, Lisa returns to Dublin for the biennial IUFoST Congress - the International Union of Food Science & Technology.
Diversified investment group, Remgro seems to be building an appetite for specialised food businesses - and it's now snapped up a 30% stake in Dynamic Commodities, the Port Elizabeth-based producer and exporter of frozen fruit-based delicacies.
One of South Africa's long and leading lights in food science and the food industry, Dr Pieter van Twisk, has passed away following complications from surgery, the SA Association for Food Science and Technology (SAAFoST) has announced.
More Articles ...
- Taxing sugar producers would be sweetest solution
- Grocery recovery taking off in SA
- Karoo lamb could join the ranks of tequila, champagne and Kobe
- SA's great chicken rip-off
- Countdown to fdt-Africa 2016 expo
- New from ProCert Southern Africa - IFS certification by local auditor
- Pioneer buys UK fruity snack food company
- Tiger Brands sharpening its claws