Latest SA News
Masstores’ ambitions to increase the number of Game stores offering fresh produce received a major boost when the retailer succeeded in its appeal on Friday at the Constitutional Court to have the right to sell fresh produce at a Western Cape shopping centre.
Private labels (PL) or house brands are no longer the poor cousin of the retail trade; the new Nielsen 'State of Private Labels in South Africa' report reveals that they now account for R38.4-billion of consumer spend at hypermarket/supermarket tills or R10 out of every R50 spent.
Japan's Ajinomoto has pipped PepsiCo to purchase a stake in African food processor, the Jo'burg-HQ'd Promasidor Holdings for $532m or R7,182bn, as its looks to bolster its seasonings business amid a decline in sales.
More Articles ...
- Pioneering project to develop a South African stevia
- Teicholz explodes fat bombs in Noakes 'trial'
- Taking the paper mountain out of food safety system management
- Food Explorer #12: A South African food scientist does rivers and Riesling
- Has Taste taken on more than it can chew?
- SAAFoST Congress 2017: Save the date!
- Rhodes goes shopping again - buys KZN's Ma Baker
- Dunkin’ Donuts bets on SA's sweet tooth