Latest SA News
The amount of brine to be injected into chicken will remain capped at 15 percent starting from October 22. This is after the Gauteng High Court, Pretoria, yesterday turned down an application by the SA Poultry Association asking that regulations regarding the cap of 15 percent brine in chicken be reviewed and set aside.
Eat Better South Africa, The Noakes Foundation’s educational arm, has launched a labelling product, The Sugar Barometer, that it hopes will help change the sugar consumption landscape in South Africa and beyond - and its urging manufacturers and retailers to come on board.
Cape Town low-carb startup, Banting Blvd’s quick-to-prepare, affordable, low-carb alternative to staple starches, has won high acclaim from IUFoST, the international body representing the world's food scientists.
More Articles ...
- Heavyweight experts flying in to support Tim Noakes in his LCHF trial
- Global award for innovative veggie chocolate created by Stellies students
- Food Explorer #11: A South African food scientist does IUFoST Congress in Dublin
- Famous Brands entrenches UK presence with GBK acquisition
- Remgro bags a slice of Dynamic Commodities
- RIP Pieter van Twisk: SA food science hero
- Lancewood launches two cheese spreads
- Consumer watchdog focuses on a new class of SA pies!