Latest SA News
It's time to be introduced to Food Focus, , which, dear reader, is a place to visit and bookmark if you are involved in any way in producing or marketing food and drinks in South Africa, or servicing those industries.
Bidcorp Food Africa, a subsidiary of JSE-listed Bidcorp, has signed agreements with the Puratos Group whereby Puratos will become an equal shareholder in Bidcorp Food's Bakery Solutions Division (BBS).
No other fast-food operation in SA has the number and variety of franchises as Famous Brands, whose market value grew 150-fold to R15bn on CEO Kevin Hedderwick’s watch. As rivalry in the sector heats up, the group — now led by Darren Hele — has branched out into the premium luxury segment. Is this a wise move as SA’s appetite for fast food grows?
More Articles ...
- World’s largest ice cream chain to launch in SA
- ConCourt ruling advances Game’s push into fresh food
- Clover opens R40m visitors' centre
- SA food companies: surviving an economic buffeting
- Woodlands Dairy spreads the cheese
- The size of South Africa's super-sweet tooth may be over-stated
- South Africans show their love for private label brands
- Ajinomoto buys whopping R7.182bn stake in African food company Promasidor