It's time to be introduced to Food Focus, , which, dear reader, is a place to visit and bookmark if you are involved in any way in producing or marketing food and drinks in South Africa, or servicing those industries.
Latest SA News
Bidcorp Food Africa, a subsidiary of JSE-listed Bidcorp, has signed agreements with the Puratos Group whereby Puratos will become an equal shareholder in Bidcorp Food's Bakery Solutions Division (BBS).
No other fast-food operation in SA has the number and variety of franchises as Famous Brands, whose market value grew 150-fold to R15bn on CEO Kevin Hedderwick’s watch. As rivalry in the sector heats up, the group — now led by Darren Hele — has branched out into the premium luxury segment. Is this a wise move as SA’s appetite for fast food grows?
Masstores’ ambitions to increase the number of Game stores offering fresh produce received a major boost when the retailer succeeded in its appeal on Friday at the Constitutional Court to have the right to sell fresh produce at a Western Cape shopping centre.
More Articles ...
- Woodlands Dairy spreads the cheese
- The size of South Africa's super-sweet tooth may be over-stated
- South Africans show their love for private label brands
- Ajinomoto buys whopping R7.182bn stake in African food company Promasidor
- Pioneering project to develop a South African stevia
- Teicholz explodes fat bombs in Noakes 'trial'
- Taking the paper mountain out of food safety system management
- Food Explorer #12: A South African food scientist does rivers and Riesling