Latest SA News
It's time to be introduced to Food Focus, , which, dear reader, is a place to visit and bookmark if you are involved in any way in producing or marketing food and drinks in South Africa, or servicing those industries.
Bidcorp Food Africa, a subsidiary of JSE-listed Bidcorp, has signed agreements with the Puratos Group whereby Puratos will become an equal shareholder in Bidcorp Food's Bakery Solutions Division (BBS).
No other fast-food operation in SA has the number and variety of franchises as Famous Brands, whose market value grew 150-fold to R15bn on CEO Kevin Hedderwick’s watch. As rivalry in the sector heats up, the group — now led by Darren Hele — has branched out into the premium luxury segment. Is this a wise move as SA’s appetite for fast food grows?
Masstores’ ambitions to increase the number of Game stores offering fresh produce received a major boost when the retailer succeeded in its appeal on Friday at the Constitutional Court to have the right to sell fresh produce at a Western Cape shopping centre.
More Articles ...
- SA food companies: surviving an economic buffeting
- Woodlands Dairy spreads the cheese
- The size of South Africa's super-sweet tooth may be over-stated
- South Africans show their love for private label brands
- Ajinomoto buys whopping R7.182bn stake in African food company Promasidor
- Pioneering project to develop a South African stevia
- Teicholz explodes fat bombs in Noakes 'trial'
- Taking the paper mountain out of food safety system management