The impact of South Africa's drought on local farmers, producers, and consumers have been immense with a significant impact on agricultural yields, quality and price. This is forcing companies like McCain South Africa to adjust their business models to mitigate the impact.
Latest SA News
Checkers recently announced a new partnership with celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay and his daughter on a range of kids' convenience meals. Will it work in upping its image as a purveyor of quality at a good price?
Food scientists and researchers from Stellenbosch University (SU) and the Sapienza University of Rome have developed a quick and user-friendly method that South African producers and distributors of honey can use to detect whether the products they are selling is the real thing or not.
Checkers, part of the country’s largest supermarket group Shoprite Holdings, has mounted an onslaught on Woolworths’ lead in the convenience food market. Its mission is deceptively simple: “Match the taste and quality of the market leader at better value”.
More Articles ...
- SA conference on quackery and pseudoscience: call for papers
- France's Mane acquires stake in local ingredients company
- Now Frutarom acquires SA's Unique Flavors
- March of the dreaded armyworm into SA threatens maize crop
- New twist in Noakes' case
- South Africa’s sugar tax: a bold move, and the right thing to do
- How big supermarket chains in southern Africa keep out small suppliers
- Mondi snaps up UK high-tech food packaging supplier