With excess carbs in the Western diet increasingly under scrutiny, leading bakery ingredients supplier Anchor Yeast has gone on the PR offensive to illustrate that SA bread offers great nutritional and price value in every slice.
Latest SA News
Checkers, part of the country’s largest supermarket group Shoprite Holdings, has mounted an onslaught on Woolworths’ lead in the convenience food market. Its mission is deceptively simple: “Match the taste and quality of the market leader at better value”.
Stellenbosch University is hosting "Quackery and Pseudoscience: How the False Hope business endangers people’s health and wellbeing – and how science communication can counter it", a two-day conference in November, the first of its kind in Africa and the developing world.
Outbreaks were first reported in West and Central Africa at the beginning of last year. They have since jumped the Equator into Burundi, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi and have spread to some of the northern areas of South Africa.
More Articles ...
- South Africa’s sugar tax: a bold move, and the right thing to do
- How big supermarket chains in southern Africa keep out small suppliers
- Mondi snaps up UK high-tech food packaging supplier
- McDonald’s SA has been forced to make a U-turn on battery eggs. Here’s how
- From farm to fork – Africa’s top F&B show gets a makeover
- Now even Woolworths is in the doldrums
- SA's Clover jumps from dairy to olives!
- Fantastic new resource for SA food industrialists of every ilk