Woolworths is a bell-weather food retailer that everyone in the food industry watches. In a left-field move, it has just launched NOW NOW, a brand-new fast-service café that offers affordable, fresh food.
Latest SA News
Pioneer Foods is the first confirmed corporate casualty of South Africa's credit-ratings downgrade. The food giant has announced the collapse of a deal that would have created Africa's largest consumer goods company.
Lisa Ronquest is one of South Africa's top young food scientists, now transferred to the Netherlands in a global food R&D role for Mars. She's been sharing her European impressions, insights and travels with FOODStuff SA readers in a regular blog, and we're proud here to publish her 13th episode. This time, Lisa explores Polish cuisine....
Sally Williams, arguably South Africa's best-known handcrafted nougat brand, continues on an ambitious growth track - and has just launched its first ice-cream store, which it plans to extend over the next few years.
The impact of South Africa's drought on local farmers, producers, and consumers have been immense with a significant impact on agricultural yields, quality and price. This is forcing companies like McCain South Africa to adjust their business models to mitigate the impact.
Checkers recently announced a new partnership with celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay and his daughter on a range of kids' convenience meals. Will it work in upping its image as a purveyor of quality at a good price?
More Articles ...
- Stellenbosh University researchers develop easy method to detect SA honey fraud
- Fighting back for bread
- The first PAUL bakery opens in South Africa
- Checkers takes aim at Woolies’ convenience food market
- SA conference on quackery and pseudoscience: call for papers
- France's Mane acquires stake in local ingredients company
- Now Frutarom acquires SA's Unique Flavors
- March of the dreaded armyworm into SA threatens maize crop