For decades, some people have embraced the idea that there might be major health benefits from taking vitamins in quantities well beyond the daily requirement. The concept was very popular for a while , but research findings to the contrary gradually made it virtually untouchable for scientists. Yet it is now making a sort of comeback....
Health and Nutrition Stuff
Some of us can definitely say we have a sweet tooth. Whether it’s cakes, chocolates, cookies, lollies or soft drinks, our world is filled with intensely pleasurable sweet treats. Sometimes eating these foods is just too hard to resist.
Curcumin, a compound in turmeric, continues to be hailed as a natural treatment for a wide range of health conditions, including cancer and Alzheimer's disease. But a new review of the scientific literature on curcumin has found it's probably not all it's ground up to be.
More Articles ...
- Victory for Teicholz in battle of US dietary guidelines
- More good health news on nuts
- The US government is finally telling people that homeopathy is a sham
- Eat your fibre or face the flesh-eating microbe cannibals
- No, SA does not weigh in as the world’s third-most obese nation
- A spoonful of GM bacteria
- More good egg news: Going to work on an egg can cut stroke risk
- Top honours for new gluten detector