Here's a perfect take down of the latest variation of the Mediterranean diet. According to this version, the people of the Mediterranean don’t eat red meat or butter so neither should you. Not so fast...!
Health and Nutrition Stuff
Some of us can definitely say we have a sweet tooth. Whether it’s cakes, chocolates, cookies, lollies or soft drinks, our world is filled with intensely pleasurable sweet treats. Sometimes eating these foods is just too hard to resist.
Curcumin, a compound in turmeric, continues to be hailed as a natural treatment for a wide range of health conditions, including cancer and Alzheimer's disease. But a new review of the scientific literature on curcumin has found it's probably not all it's ground up to be.
US investigative journalist Nina Teicholz calls it “a victory for science”. SA scientist Tim Noakes says it proves that one person can “change the world”. This article calls it a decisive defeat for medical, scientific and dietetic establishments in their ongoing war against the critics.
More Articles ...
- More good health news on nuts
- The US government is finally telling people that homeopathy is a sham
- Eat your fibre or face the flesh-eating microbe cannibals
- No, SA does not weigh in as the world’s third-most obese nation
- A spoonful of GM bacteria
- More good egg news: Going to work on an egg can cut stroke risk
- Top honours for new gluten detector
- If there was a Nobel silver medal, I’d award it to Jeffrey Gordon and our gut microbes