Food Marketing, Innovation and NPD
The organic food industry has seen a 3,400% increase in the past 24 years, making organic the fastest-growing consumer food and lifestyle trend in modern history. Are organic brands able to connect with consumers just because they are healthier? The answer is no. Being healthier is not enough to create a food movement and a trend that is making history. So what is it?
Trade visitors at Fruit Logistica in Berlin chose the "Aurora Seedless Papaya" produced by Aviv Flowers Packing House in Israel as the winner for the giant expo's Innovation Award 2015. The annual fresh produce trade show was held in early February in Berlin and this year drew 65 000 trade visitors from more than 135 countries, as well as 2 785 exhibitors from 83 countries.
ISM is a leading confectionery/snacking expo hosted anually at KoelMesse, Cologne, in January, and the largest and most important international platform in the industry. Here's a review of some of the top innovations from the show this year....
Anderson Partners is an American marketing communications firm specialising in the global food ingredient industry. It recently published a series of articles on "Food Science vs the Food Babe—Who Controls the Story?", a guide to push back against the uninformed and unscientific opinions of misguided food activists.
More Articles ...
- Three ways to save a stagnant category
- Marketing to today's mom, 21st century style
- US: Major food brands go after a once-ignored customer: Men
- The opportunity in insect protein: Free white paper
- UK: Heinz launches stevia-sweetened ketchup
- OPINION: Marketing genius of organic foods unwrapped
- Three Datamonitor briefs: Uncovering some seriously interesting food innovation!
- The nine habits of highly effective nutrition companies
- Newsy Stuff
- Hot Stuff
- Food Trends
- Packaging Stuff
- Job Offers