Food Marketing, Innovation and NPD
Vegan, interactivity and premiumisation of confectionery led the trends at expo in Cologne, where the global sweets and snacks industry comes together every year. Here's a look at some winning and eye/trend-catching products seen at the show...
It was just an issue of time just before tossed salad would control the morning meal, as it has ruled supreme over lunch as well as dinner for a long time now. It's making its way into breakfast menus everywhere, including the shelves of Waitrose in the UK who has launched a range of breakfast salads.
Nielsen has selected 11 European Breakthrough Innovation winners for its annual report of the same name. The report on FMCG products explores "how our winners have leveraged package design, pricing, in-store execution and advertising to truly remarkable effect". [This is a brilliant, insightful and FREE resource for all marketers and those involved in NPD - full of great stuff! Ed]
More Articles ...
- How to scale up an artisanal food or drink business
- Can something from a tree be a meat substitute? Enter jackfruit
- Simple solution to a long-time cereal irritation
- How challenger brands can move up the food chain
- SIAL 2016 Innovation Award Winners
- A food dream come true: chocolate butter!
- The dangers that lurk when food companies are also tech startups
- What is the secret of start-up success in healthier foods and beverages?