Leading FMCG companies (or CPG as they're called in the US) are regarded as 'universities of marketing', drawing the brightest and most ambitious graduates. But is the fast-changing FMCG world still so attractive? Here's some insightful commentary by , president, Smith Brothers Agency...[it has an American focus, but global relevance Ed]
Food Marketing, Innovation and NPD
Barry Calpino signed up at Mondelez in 2015 to create an entirely new snack brand he named Véa, a recognition by the company that there are only so many flavours of Oreo cookies and boxes of Ritz crackers people are going to buy. But now he's quit....
If you ask most companies to list their top five problems, communication usually features. The team from SA's new compliance website, Food Focus, offer their advice for food-bev companies to optimise consumer communication in today's connected, social media world.
Unilever in the UK has launched a new range of ready-to-bake Stork cupcake mixes to help consumers who may lack the time or confidence to bake.
PepsiCo no longer just competes with other food and beverage brands. “In a world where relevance changes almost day by day,” gone are the days of deliberating market research for months, says the company’s first-ever chief design officer, Mauro Porcini.
More Articles ...
- COMMENT: Food labelling – Is it true, misleading or an outright lie?
- Fresh produce innovation winners from Fruit Logistica expo 2017
- Winning confectionery NPD at ISM 2017
- Dairy innovation taking butter to new places
- Forget cereal or a fry-up: Britain will soon be going to work on a breakfast SALAD
- Packaging shines in Nielsen's European Breakthrough Innovation winners
- UK: New name for Unilever's I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- US: Pringles debuts on-trend, new style snacks