The love-hate relationship with sugar and sweeteners is intensifying as concern about added sugars mounts and negative consumer sentiment related to zero calorie sweeteners is slow to wane. Packaged Facts unpicks some shifting trends in the US market, but surely relevant globally, too.
A new US documentary film, Fed Up, hit cinemas in North America last week. Following the likes of Supersize Me, Fast Food Nation, Food, Inc and the likes, it's destined to ratchet up the anti-sugar pressures that are putting a squeeze on food manufacturers, in a way that's looking set to go beyond anything before.... salt, trans fat, GMOs, artificial colourants....
More Articles ...
- How sugar affects the brain - TED Lesson
- John Yudkin: the man who tried to warn us about sugar
- Learning to cut the sugar
- SA's Dept of Health ponders a sugar tax
- Sugar on trial
- Global compaign takes aim at high sugar foods
- The global war on sugar: the winners and losers
- Is sugar really toxic? Take two on the topic
- Is sugar really toxic? Sifting through the evidence
- The complex nature of salt-sugar reduction reformulation and marketing