The Future 100 report for 2017, the outstanding annual JWT Intelligence snapshot of emerging trends, spans culture, tech and innovation, travel and hospitality, brands and marketing, food and drink, beauty, retail, health, lifestyle, and luxury. Here are its food and beverage highlights.
When a giant food company invests $32-million in a startup focusing on personalized nutrition – as Campbell’s recently has – then you know that “personalization” has reached its tipping point. This is a key trend identified in New Nutrition Business' annual report, 10 Key Trends in Food, Nutrition and Health 2017.
While “transparency” is the new rule of the game continuing to take clean labels to the next level, craft products or those mentioning “handmade” or “crafted” continues to be a massive trend – here's picking up on the top trends ranked at numbers six-ten on Innova Market Insights' 2017 list. (You can read about the first five here).
Ten years ago skyr – prounced skeer with a trill on the r – barely registered in the world’s yoghurt market. Now, according to global business consultants Future Market Insights, the market for skyr is worth nearly $8bn (£6.4bn) a year and growing fast.
More Articles ...
- 'Clean Supreme' leads Innova's Top Trends for 2017
- Mintel announces six key global food and drink trends for 2017
- UK: Waitrose identifies key food and drink trends
- The re-birth of cheese: cheese snacks are the number-one dairy growth opportunity
- People are flocking to meal-kit services - then abandoning them in droves
- US: Animal fat bounces back
- It’s not just the ‘yuck factor’ that puts people off eating insects
- From eggs to bacon – why food scares don’t scare us
- Asia's salted egg yolk craze
- Fewer ingredients is the new selling point for FMCG foods
- IFT 2016: Top 10 food trends with Innova
- Smaller rivals are assaulting the world’s biggest brands
- Perdue ups ante on US poultry welfare
- Clean, clear, connected and imperfect: Ingredion's food trend predictions
- Monk fruit extract adding excitement to high-intensity natural sweetener market