Tracked bread launch numbers have generally continued to rise globally and, within that, products using health claims of some kind made up over 42% of the total in 2013, reports Innova Market Insights.
Food Trends 2014
Consumers used to think of processed foods as helpful around the kitchen. Major shifts in food culture have changed that thinking, so that many people now view processed food as a path to health conditions including obesity, diabetes, behavioural problems and cancer... insights from Laurie Demeritt, CEO of The Hartman Group.
Edible packaging, savoury yoghurt, babyfood home deliveries, tofu as fast food - these are some of the food-related items from JWTIntelligence's annual list of 100 Things to Watch for the year ahead, a report that always delivers fascinating and accurate insights, and is one of the best annual Trends reads.
The future of food includes kale ice lollies, smart knives and egg-white crisps, according to trend analysts. But will savoury yoghurt and edible soil ever catch on? The Guardian takes us on a weird, whacky and wonderful tour of some cutting-edge, food and foodie trends and developments.
Market Research Company Euromonitor International has released a new white paper report identifying the top 10 consumer trends for 2014 with a focus on consumer behaviours and beliefs going into the new year. It's free to download, but here are its kernals...
More Articles ...
- US: Butter consumption at 40-year-high
- Leatherhead's Top Trends for 2014
- 'Meat Atlas' charts a changing world of meat eaters
- Ancient amaranth on the move
- Global demand strengthens for ancient grains
- Mintel releases American consumer trends for 2014
- Health & Wellness goes mainstream: living in a culture of well-being
- Will the stand-up pouch save packaged soup?
- Firmenich tips blackberry as "Flavour of 2014"
- 12 Key Trends in Food, Nutrition & Health 2014
- Five must-know African consumer trends to run with in 2014
- Ten trends that will shape our world in 2014 and beyond
- COMMENT: Competition heats up as food firms hype brands
- Landor Associates predicts top 10 brand trends for 2014
- Innova's top food-bev trends for 2014: waste reduction and regaining trust