Food Trends 2014
A strong interest in protein content and high-protein products across the food and drinks market is continuing to develop, reports Innova Market Insights, despite the fact that most Western consumers already get enough protein in their diets.
Rabobank: Online grocery shopping will lead to fundamental supply chain challenges for food producers
The global food industry is on the eve of an online retailing revolution that will lead to fundamental changes for players along the supply chain, from processors through to retailers. For brands and private-label food processors of every size it means exploiting opportunities and tackling the challenges of securing on-screen visibility.
It doesn’t seem like that long ago that “clean” meant no grime on your counters or no dirt under your nails; or perhaps no traces of drugs in your blood test ... Now the word we most commonly hear associated with “clean” is “food.” Everyone — and not just longtime wholesome-food evangelists such as Mark Bittman and Michael Pollan — is talking about eating clean.
Euromonitor International visited the 2014 Sweets and Snacks Expo and identified five key trends in snacks. Based on its observations, mini products, such as mini York Peppermints, are even bigger in 2014 than at the 2013 show. Products such as Hershey's Ice Breakers Cool Blasts Chews, which start out as a gum and melts away, are driving mint innovation.
More Articles ...
- Surprise! Gluten intolerance not key driver of gluten-free purchases
- Blogosphere exerts new consumer influence on food industry
- The dairy-plus-grains new product frenzy that will define the next year
- Dieters move past calories, food makers follow
- Free-from foods move into the mainstream
- US: A recipe for growth in packaged foods
- Can't cook, won't cook Britain
- Innovative positionings drive the nuts market forward
- A year for eating dangerously
- Goodbye kale. Hello cauliflower
- Bread innovators focus on wholegrain and fibre claims
- Deconstructing what consumers mean by fresh, less-processed foods
- JWT's 100 Things to Watch in 2014
- Food(ie) trends in 2014: from savoury yoghurts to burger bots
- Top 10 Global Consumer Trends for 2014