Several key trends in the UK baking sector have been identified by Mintel: small is good, muffins are on the up, baking at home is growing, and just 6% of Brits haven’t eaten cakes and cake bars in the last six months, despite growing concerns about sugar, fat and cost!
Food Trends 2013
According to new research from Mintel, coconut water has been the surprise toast of the beverage industry in recent years. Indeed the number of product introductions more than quintupled (+540%) in the past five years (2008/2012) and products containing it have been taking off on an international scale.
Fruit flavours dominate the yoghurt market, featuring in over two-thirds of global launches recorded by Innova Market Insights in the 12 months to the end of March 2013, rising to three-quarters of the US total and nearly 70% in Latin America.
American brand strategy company, Sterling-Rice Group (SRG), has identified the top ten natural and organic food trends that are likely to influence mainstream grocery shelves, if they're not doing so already.
More Articles ...
- Eating alone: The food marketer's hidden opportunity
- Tetra Pak Dairy Index shows flavoured milk will spur dairy industry growth
- The rise of protein drinks for ordinary people
- That’s not my lunch, it’s my body lotion
- Consumer tastes are changing – but wine has been slow to adapt
- The rise of the hybrid consumer
- Prunes: why the dried plum is making a comeback
- The trend to bite-sized chocs in bags
- Trends out of America's biggest snack & candy expo
- Tea is tops
- Hummus is conquering America
- Tea in South Africa: feedback report from BMi Research
- Stevia product launches up 400 percent, says Mintel
- Marion Nestle: Reflections on the 10th anniversary of Food Politics
- Icing is coming off America's cupcake craze