Few people are truly sensitive to grain protein, but brands are cash in on those who embrace the perceived benefits of gluten-free foods. Gluten-free has entered the mainstream, with even Twinkie considering jumping in a market estimated by research group Packaged Facts to be worth more than $4.2 billion in sales this year.
Food Trends 2013
Thanks to growing consumer awareness about the vulnerable state of the global environment and food supply, environmentally-conscious eating is a trend destined to increase in urgency, according to 'Eco-Eating Culinary Trend Mapping Report' by market research publisher, Packaged Facts, and the San Francisco-based strategic food consultancy, CCD Innovation.
With frozen food sales declining and fresh prepared foods growing, this US and global trend is seeing the redirection of products from the freezer case toward the deli counter.
Ice cream does do something funny to a lot of us: it makes us nostalgic and happy and, if you take your cues from Bridget Jones, it helps us recover from heartbreak. The world is more colourful, slower-paced and simply more fun with an ice cream. There are a few reasons why this is the case... This great essay charts the artisan reinvention of the world's favourite comfort food.
More Articles ...
- Soy food renaissance offers lessons for dairy protein
- British table trends: microwavers and takeaway munchers
- Sports nutrition marketers should refocus attention - report
- How old-school brands survive - even thrive - in foodie age
- Strong NPD activity as nutrition bars target the mainstream
- Stevia: going places and some
- "Texture the next food mega-trend"
- Margarine v butter: are synthetic spreads toast?
- It's not meat, it's protein
- Healthy flavours drive beverage innovation
- UK: What's cooking in baking
- Food companies work to make it look natural
- Coconut creates a tropical storm in the food and drink markets
- Fruity flavours favoured in new yoghurt formulations
- Top ten natural and organic food trends that will inspire the mainstream