Brewing cocoa is one of the newest health beverages to hit the market, even though it is centuries old, originally enjoyed by the royalty of the ancient Maya and Aztec civilizations over 2 000 years ago. Brewing cocoa is said to offer tremendous health benefits and a great tasting alternative to traditional tea and coffee.
Food Trends 2012
Today’s chefs are going beyond carrot cake, zucchini bread, and sweet potato pie when it comes to making desserts with vegetables. In the November issue of Food Technology magazine, published by the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT), an in-depth article looks at the way dessert is evolving from the traditional to the unexpected.
Eating alone has become as common as eating together, according to new research on eating occasions by The Hartman Group, a leading US market researcher on consumer culture. Analysis of The Hartman Group's Occasions Compass data reveals that close to half - 46 percent - of all adult eating occasions [in America] are now solitary eating occasions and 40 percent of all adult meals (excluding snacking occasions) are eaten alone.
More Articles ...
- How the Western World eats today
- Clean label choices driving confectionery innovation
- Soaring sales in the West for another super-premium Asian drink
- Genius gluten-free bread proves a clever move
- Britons go mushroom mad
- Gourmet popcorn rocks in Britain
- US: Jerky undergoes a makeover and renaissance as a healthy snack
- Virtual grocery stores launch in UK and US
- Who chews the most gum? British firm offers surprising answers
- US: Frozen foods need to turn a fresh page
- Ready for breakfast?
- 2012: the year that protein reaches its tipping point?
- Mintel: Products with low/no/reduced sodium claims on decline
- US: How 'Millennials' are changing food 'as we know it'
- US: Pouch packaging takes off for alcoholic drinks
- Meat snacks – a US favourite going global?
- Naturalness is a key consideration for industry
- Young men's attitudes toward health and wellness
- South Africans are cautious, price sensitive grocery shoppers
- US: Supermarket perimeters take centre stage
- Healthy and natural steer soft drinks to success
- Consumer trend in self-diagnosis: The gluten-free conundrum
- US: Craft beer trend continues to fizz
- US: Energy drinks outsell bottled water
- 'Medical foods' and supplements for brain health advance