While meat snacks make up a small percentage of the overall snack market, Innova Market Insights reports greater activity in this sector, with sales growing in the established US markets and also higher penetration in more non-traditional markets such as some of those in Europe.
Food Trends 2012
Consumer demand for ‘more natural’ foods and beverages continues to grow – and food manufacturers are responding by highlighting naturally-derived ingredients and the natural credentials of new products, according to UK-based market research firm, RTS (Research to Solutions).
While male consumers are clearly an attractive segment for marketers, health and wellness related products and services are competing with lifestyle pressures including time constraints, an array of unhealthy foods, smoking levels among global youth, and sedentary work cultures. Some insights from a new Euromonitor International strategic global market research report...
More Articles ...
- South Africans are cautious, price sensitive grocery shoppers
- US: Supermarket perimeters take centre stage
- Healthy and natural steer soft drinks to success
- Consumer trend in self-diagnosis: The gluten-free conundrum
- US: Craft beer trend continues to fizz
- US: Energy drinks outsell bottled water
- 'Medical foods' and supplements for brain health advance
- Palm oil-free may be an emerging trend
- Cherries: More than just antioxidants
- Doughnuts: the new cupcakes in NYC
- Newism: Consumers lust after the new
- Lactose-free niche targets the mainstream
- US: Chicken wings take flight
- The global march of the 'Mexipops'
- Farewell vegetarians, all hail the vegievore
- Market research: Breakfast choices vary with age and gender
- The Obesity Tipping Point
- Aging population focused on foods to preserve health now
- A tighter squeeze on sinful foods
- In search of satiety
- Food as fashion: We eat what we are
- US: Butter's back - sales rise as consumers seek pure ingredients
- US: Humane food now a mainstream trend
- US: A consumer take on food and beverage packaging
- Authenticity, health and quality add to ready meals success