Latest Packaging News
After ten years in development, European metal and glass giant, Ardagh Group, has teamed up with leading canned food producer, Bonduelle, to launch a new generation food can that delivers enhanced consumer appeal, together with significant environmental benefits. [Click pic to enlarge]
In celebrating World Environment Day today [5 June], PETCO (PET Plastic Recycling SA) has launched its moving story of PET bottle collection in this country - showing how the collection of plastic soft drink bottles, for recycling, is changing the lives of many. This is a tribute to the valuable link its collectors serve in the value chain, enabling the recycling of PET, boosting the economy, creating jobs and sustainable livelihoods, while reducing poverty and conserving the environment. [Heartening stuff!]
Why drink beer out of a cylindrical can when you can drink it out of a bow tie-shaped can? That's what US beer giant, Anheuser-Busch, is positing, as it releases a unique can that it hopes will be worth its weight in marketing gold. [Click to enlarge]
Established in 1976, Polyoak Packaging now counts as one of Southern Africa’s leading rigid plastic packaging suppliers, with various divisions specialising in thermoformed, blowmoulded, injection-moulded and compression-moulded plastics packaging for the dairy, food and beverage, and retail sectors. A customer-focused approach combined with leading-edge PET packaging designs have kept it at the top of its game.
More Articles ...
- Kraft's food service salad-dressing pouch says YES!
- US: First new bottle design for Pepsi in 15 years
- Fine wine in a 187-ml glass tube
- Hulamin Containers earns top quality-safety credentials
- Nampak Plastics creates world's lightest two-litre plastic milk bottle
- Nampak puts R1.6bn into can and bottle production
- Ketchup-squeezing chip containers - great new fast food concept
- Coca-Cola first to market with new Tetra Pak package
- SA to move to all-aluminium cans
- Is shrink-wrap on a cucumber really mindless waste?