Latest Packaging News
How do you differentiate a commodity like sugar? With packaging, of course - as just very neatly done in the US by Domino Foods. Two brands of its sugar now come in a shapely new package with an easy-to-use flip-top dispenser. [Click pic to enlarge]
Anti-microbial packaging could soon be a reality, really. Pharmaceutical company, Janssen Pharmaceutica, and UK advanced plastics manufacturer, Symphony Environmental, have collaborated to create a new type of plastic that helps preserve food and prevent spoiliage. Two years in development, they are now reportedly in discussions with several food manufacturers and supermarkets to adopt the technology.
Every two years, the Packaging Council of South Africa (PACSA) names its ‘Packaging Achiever’ – an accolade that’s traditionally presented at IPSA’s biennial Gold Pack Awards (announced late October). This is a significant honour and this year’s winner is Jeremy Mackintosh, MD of Polyoak Packaging, a major player in food-beverage packaging in SA.
More Articles ...
- Woolies debuts novel ovenable bags
- Ball Packaging conjures Magic Straw for cans
- Millions suffer 'wrap rage' battling to open modern-day packaging
- Stylish revamp of Nature's Source muesli
- The cork fights back - new generation screw cork unveiled
- The next generation food can
- The story of PET bottle collection in SA
- US: Budweiser's new bow-tie can
- Talking PET innovation with Polyoak Packaging
- Kraft's food service salad-dressing pouch says YES!