Last week DuPont presented 16 awards at the 26th DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation, the industry's longest-running, global, independently judged competition highlighting innovative packaging solutions and collaboration throughout the value chain. Most of the winners are food and beverages - and note how prominently flexible pouches feature. A South African company also stars.
Latest Packaging News
Tesco, UK supermarket giant and Britain's biggest egg retailer, believes it will save more than one million free-range eggs a year as it replaces pulp or cardboard cartons with recyclable plastic ones.
Introduced in the UK by global dairy brand Arla, an innovative new package replicates an elegant butter dish and feeds consumers’ growing desire for authentic, artisan foods while elevating a commodity product to a premium position. [Click pic to enlarge]
More Articles ...
- Concerns over chemicals in food packaging misplaced, say scientists
- Mission to promote SA packaging design and supply
- What's up with LiquiGlide?
- Demand for active and intelligent packaging set to boom
- Consumers care about packaging almost as much as the brand
- On-trend cereal packaging
- New take on sugar packaging in shapely, table-worthy canister design
- Goodbye mouldy bread?
- Polyoak's Jeremy Macintosh named PACSA 'Packaging Achiever' 2013
- Woolies debuts novel ovenable bags